Enjoy an alternative, eco-friendly program specially designed to make you feel “Piedmontese for a week ” and live an authentic experience in a land of great wines. Let the rich landscapes of the Langhe hills and its enogastronomic excellencies enthrall your senses!
A real white or black truffle hunt Following our ancestral heritage, allow yourself to reconnect with nature and live the silence of the forest. Breathe deeply the perfumed wood and absorb a myriad of colors while hunting that most of precious of tubers, the truffle, nestling among the roots of other plants. Guided by an expert truffle hunter, the “Trifulau” and his faithful dog, you will enjoy Mother Nature at her finest.
With over fourteen years of experience, I have created a very personal network of selected professionals in each field (wine & food caterers, artisans, drivers, tourist guides) to ensure the best travel experience for my clients. My network of professionals is not based on internet search engines, social networks or tourist guides. Each business and individual artisan participating in my itineraries is constantly evaluated by me personally to ensure the authenticity of the products they offer.
- Italian and international tour operators and travel agencies looking for new destinations in Piedmont, for whom I can provide logistical support and local knowledge about tourist guides, transfers, restaurants and visits in the region.
- Individual Travelers.
- Small groups of wine- and food-lovers.
- Senior travelers.
- Families: Piedmont has a wide variety of fun and original offerings aimed at families traveling with children.
- Everyone wanting to have an unforgettable travel experience in the world of Piedmontese cuisine and wine.
Ten things to not miss in Piedmont:
- DOC and DOCG certified red and white wines: Barbera, Barbaresco, Barolo, Gavi, Moscato, Arneis, Favorita, Erbaluce.
- The tradition of the “aperitivo”
- DOP certified cheeses: Toma and Robiola
- Piedmontese meats and traditional salamis
- Traditional grissini (bread sticks)
- Historical turinese caffè-pasticceria (coffee houses that produce and serve their own home-made pastries)
- Residential palaces of the Royal House of Savoy (UNESCO World Heritage sites)
- Città d’arte (cities of outstanding cultural or artistic patrimony): Alba, Asti, Acqui, Cherasco, Monforte and the landscapes of Langhe, Monferrato and Roero.
All programs are tailor-made and customized according to clients requirements.
- Private tours combining culture, cuisine, art and history (2-6 days).
- Accommodation in selected hotels, villas, relais de charme, historic buildings and castles. Upon request we can also arrange budget accommodation in Bed & Breakfast and local cottages.Private one-day experiences
- Truffle hunt (Black truffle Apr-Sep, white truffle Oct-Dec)
- Cooking classes in Turin and the Langhe-Monferrato wine regions
- Wine workshops with trained sommeliers, with particular attention given to food and wine pairing
- Wine harvest: a walk through the vineyards, taking part in the actual harvest, witnessing the wine-making process and storage in the winery cellars (Sep-Oct)
- Local fairs and expositions (Slow Food’s Salone del Gusto, Slow Food’s “Cheese“ festival, Alba’s International White Truffle Fair, Cuneo’s National Chestnut Fair, etc), depending on the specific event.
- Last-minute gourmet trips (booking at least 15 days prior to departure to allow for the necessary logistic arrangements)
- Hot air balloon rides over the vineyards (Mar-Sep weather permitting). This event can be added last minute.
ANGELA GAVELLOby TAG TRAVEL
My name is Angela Gavello. A native of Torino, I live and work in the surrounding hills of the capital of Piedmont. I come from a family of farmers: my maternal grandparents farmed the land and produced high quality wines in the little town of Canelli, the renowned Moscato wine capital, in an area that lies between the Langhe and Monferrato.About MeMy Work