Wine and Chocolate Exclusive Tastings
Exposition of the Holy Shroud
April 19 to June 24, 2015
The visit to the Holy Shroud is free of charge.
The booking can be made by IN-PIEMONTE for individuals or groups.
Visit to the Holy Shroud in Turin’s Cathedral + Pope Francis Tour :
discovering the origins of the Bergoglio family through the gentle rolling hills of the Basso Monferrato Astigiano region, a land of saints and exquisite culinary specialties.”
Stops: Turin (departure point), Cocconato/Schierano , Albugnano, Castelnuovo Don Bosco , Asti.
Highlights: The most charming Abbey in Piedmont, the birth sites of saints and other paragons of the Cristian faith, the genuine regional winesnougat chocolate specialties and the delightful cuisine of the Monferrato.
ECCE ITINERE :
9:00 am: meeting with an In-Piemonte language assistant and driver at your accommodation / Turin train station. Transfer by private car to the Basso Monferrato Astigiano. Walking tour through Schierano and Cocconato, birthplaces of Maria and Giuseppe, Pope Francis’ great-great-grandparents. Visit to an acclaimed local winery, followed by a wine tasting of Malvasia and other top local wines. At the nearby town of Albugnano, we will visit the Abbey of Santa Maria di Vezzolano (a Gothic and Romanesque jewel dating from the XI century), set in a peaceful clearing in the middle of woods and vineyards. Lunch in a highly esteemed local Agriturismo with a traditional Piedmontese menu.
Short stop at Colle Don Bosco to visit the humble birthplace of Giovanni Bosco (Saint Don Bosco). Transfer to Asti: walking tour though the historic center of this renowned enogastronomic city, heart of that famous Italian sparkling wine – the Spumante.
Short stop to admire the different locations where the Bergoglio family (PopeFrancis’ father and grandparents) lived at the turn of the century before emigrating to Argentina. Guided tour to a unique artisanal Torroneria (manufacturer of this typical nougat confection), including nougat and chocolate tasting. Return to Turin scheduled for 7pm. End of In-Piemonte services.
PRICE PER PERSON:
- Starting at € 190.00 (based on a group of 16 persons) – includes a free tour leader.
- Private tour including 4 persons: € 290.00 (price pp)
- Transfers (round-trip) in private car
- Language assistant ( 9am-7pm )
- Lunch: standard tasting menu, incl. 4 courses + water, coffee and digestivo (after dinner drink), wine not included.
- Guided tour to acclaimed local winery including wine tasting
- Guided tour to artisanal Torroneria, followed by a tasting of their specialties.
- In-Piemonte souvenir
The price includes all the above mentioned services. Services and extras not mentioned above are not included in the price of the package.
Note – The price does not include :
- Wine and drinks at lunch
- Any tips and extra expenses incurred by the customers
- Language assistant at lunch time (a language assistant can be available at extra cost upon request)